Monday, May 16, 2011

Survivor: Redemption Island, Ep. 14 - Final

There was an awful lot of crybabyitis going on at the final tribal (Julie, Andrea & Ashley come to mind). It's really hard to tee off on someone for being too loyal to their primary alliance and making it all the way to the finals. Frankly, it looks ridiculous (especially coming from Julie). Basically, they were complaining that Natalie wasn't a back-stabber, and didn't take them to the finals instead of Boston Rob. Cry me a river.

Was it me, or did it look like Phillip didn't even try to get the jury's vote?

As for the Reunion Show - Grant and Matt looked like they were at a wake. Both of them got a good cut from the editors and the barbers, so I don't understand what they are so upset about. I realize Grant has a reason to feel Boston Rob betrayed him - but hasn't Grant seen this show before? That's what Boston Rob does. Yes, he'll be loyal to a couple of people - but not everyone. I think it's noteworthy that Grant stopped talking to Boston Rob three or four episodes into the season. I have a feeling Grant's wife (once she saw a couple of episodes) convinced him that Rob had done him wrong. Again, I'm not saying Grant doesn't have a reason to be annoyed with Rob, but why talk to him from September to February, and then drop him? The timing suggests he was influenced by someone outside the game.

So, the producers didn't reveal that the girls knew about Rob's hidden immunity. Is it because it would have drained even more suspense out of the 2nd half of the season?

The bit where Jeff interviewed the Federal investigator was ridiculous. I always thought the question mark was put there as a joke. It never kept me up at night wondering if he really was an investigator,
and that interview didn't prove anything.

I think Dave and his "fiance" had a long talk last night. She did not seem to be ready to be engaged. I think she said yes because there were cameras. Then again, she sat with him on stage afterward, and she seemed OK. We'll see. Her initial reaction could have been shock, not cold feet.

In the preview for next season, Jeff said they are again bringing back two former players. Here are some popular players I really have no desire to see again: Stephenie, Cirie, Rupert, Jerri, Coach, Colby, Hatch, Amanda, Yao Man, etc.
I really hope they bring back someone who has only played once. But, I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment