Saturday, May 14, 2011

Survivor: Redemption Island, Ep. 13 - Into the Finale

Earlier this week I heard an interview between radio host Dennis Miller and Survivor producer, Mark Burnett. Miller said this was the best season of Survivor ever. Burnett, when asked his three favorite Survivors of all time, answered: Boston Rob, Phillip and Richard Hatch. This prompted me to reach for my wallet. I'm surprised Burnett didn't have the guts to replace Hatch with Matt. If he and Miller were going to go that far in selling this season, he might as well have gone all the way.

Even a causal reader would recognize that this has not been one of my favorite seasons of Survivor. However, I've still enjoyed it (a bad season of Survivor is still better than almost anything else on TV). Here is how I handicap the field going into the finale (I'm assuming the person coming back from Redemption Island will do so at the beginning of the episode):

Favorite: Boston Rob (35% chance of winning). He has the hidden immunity idol.

2. Natalie (20%). Likely to make the final 3. Could get votes for being sweet.

3. Phillip (16%). It's complicated, but he has a shot.

4. Ashley (14%). I think Ashley will be seen more as a coattail rider. We'll see. She might be ahead of Phillip.

5. Grant (5%). Most likely of the Redemption Island crew to win the next duel and a couple of immunities.

6. Andrea (4%). More likely to survive if she re-enters the game. The girls might use her to go against the guys. (It's a long shot, but everyone on Redemption Island is a long shot).

7 & 8. Mike & Matt (3% each). To win they'd need three straight challenges (most likely one duel and two immunities).

Enjoy the last episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment