Friday, October 28, 2011

Survivor: South Pacific, Ep. 2 & 3

Christine was sent to Redemption Island in episode 2. Let's briefly re-cap her resume, thus far:

1. Before the game had started, she announced to all the contestants that she plans to target Coach and Ozzy.
2. Makes an alliance with a tribemate whose #1 skill is her ability to scowl and use the phrase "Boom!".
3. Searches for immunity idol when no one else is, drawing unwanted attention to herself.
4. Forms no plan going into tribal council. 
5. When approached with a plan, she rejects it.
6. When confronted at tribal council, Stacey and her provide a defense that is painfully legalistic.
7. Fails to vote the same way as her only ally, Stacey. 
8. Gets voted out by an alliance led by Coach - meaning she was outwited by Coach!
9. In her closing statements she actually said she didn't know what happened, which is shockingly stupid.
10. After being sent to Redemption Island she defends her announcement that Coach is a temporary player by arguing that everyone was thinking it. If that's the case why didn't she approach the others to vote Coach out? Why, instead, did she get voted out?
11. Later, she explains her ejection by saying: "Coach had it out for me from the beginning." Really? Why do you think that is Christine?

Semhar looked like a zombie going into the duel, so Christine's victory brings her little credit. The last two episodes were dominated by the revelation that Brandon is a Hantz, but I was more intrigued by the revelation that Christine might be the worst Survivor player ever.

Papa Bear's ouster wasn't that shocking save for Jim saying that he should have been the first to go. Why did Jim target Semhar, then? I hate it when players say stuff like that. Jim seems like the type of guy who would be happier voting two people out per episode. I'm not a fan of his.

I want to know how Brandon passed the show's psych evaluation. I'm sure the show gives one for liability reasons, and I'd love to see Brandon's. I've watched people lose it out there because of the elements, however, I think Brandon's problems go beyond the conditions of the game. I think he's immature and unstable, and don't find any of his storylines entertaining. He's done the impossible. He's made Coach the voice of reason.

I've always liked Ozzy, but he's honest to a fault (and he wears his heart on his sleeve), I think he'll have a difficult time winning, but, I'm rooting for him to do well.

After Keith informed Whitney about Ozzy's hidden immunity idol, he laid in the hammock as Whitney gently rocked him. I think there's a metaphor there somewhere - as if Whitney were thinking: "Thanks for telling me about the idol, Keith. Now I'm going to rock you and provide you with some comfort and attention and lull you to sleep while I plan on how to use this info to win the game.."

I still think only a handful of people can win. Whitney and Keith are two of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment