Friday, October 28, 2011

Libya: the End of the Beginning

It seems that al Qaeda is moving into Libya. Their flag is flying in Benghazi. With no American boots on the ground, they should have training camps set up by the end of the year.

Part One of the Libyan War is over. Part Two: Attack of the Drones should be coming to theaters next spring!

When I tentatively gave my support to the Libyan War, I did not realize ignoring Congress, shredding the War Powers Act and turning North Africa into an al Qaeda safe haven would be part of the bargain.

I guess this is all part of the rise of smart power?

1 comment:

  1. You say:
    "When I tentatively gave my support to the Libyan War, I did not realize ignoring Congress, shredding the War Powers Act and turning North Africa into an al Qaeda safe haven would be part of the bargain."

    What else did you expect?

    ReplyDelete